This is my Stooooory....


God moves in mysterious ways…


They say that to follow God’s call is difficult. We need to give up everything we possess and positions in life we have. We make sacrifices and sometimes feel the pain in following God’s will for us. Every one of us called by God in a very special way. He gives us signs to see his plan for us but most of the times; we remain blind to the signs given to us. Maybe because we are busy in our works, studies, friends, etc. or we really don’t mind these signs because we are afraid to accept His will for us.

I grew up in a family which somehow I can say a “religious” family. We regularly attended the mass every Sunday. I remember when we have a simple gathering or taking our lunch outside, we together attend the mass first before we proceed to our activity. When I was elementary, I think in my fifth grade then, I and my brother became a KOA (Knights of the Altar) member. We were very active to serve in the mass. Time passes by and I develop the desire of becoming a priest. I want to become priest simply because I admire those priests for their fidelity to serve the Lord and the people. But I was too young to think about that and I know God has another plan for me. When I was in my first year in high school, I fell in love with the girl. Actually this girl was my friend. Our house is near to her house, we have been together since elementary and believe it or not, we entered the high school with the same school, in short, we became lovers. And because of that, my desire of becoming a priest was little by little erased in my mind. That time I thought we were really meant for each other but, sad to say, we suddenly broke our relationship. After a year, I met another girl that was very attractive to me and that girl was my classmate when we were second year high school. I court her for a month or two but then, she did not answer my plea. I think having a partner was not my life. Love life was not in my line. That time onwards, I never link with the girls anymore. Meanwhile, I became active in our parish as altar server, as a choir, and as a member of youth ministry. Months to go we were about to end our high school life, but I have not yet decided what course I should take or school which I would enter. Then one day, Fr. Mel Racelis invited me and my friends to accompany him in bringing his niece back to the seminary. That glimpse made me realize to take the overnight and three day orientation program of the seminary. During my three day stay in the seminary, I felt happy and peaceful with that kind of life. I also noticed that in the seminary you would learn many things like music, sports and academics. And you can find there all the resources you need in order for you to learn. One of my dreams was to become a great musician, to know how to play piano and I realized that the seminary would be the better place for me to learn piano for free. And so, after having I passed the entrance exam, I brought out to my family and friends my decision to enter the seminary and they all agreed. On June 1, 2004 I entered the seminary with one purpose in my mind; to know how to play piano.

Yes, God calls us in small things we do or we want to be. And He calls us in his very special way. I’ve been staying here for almost three years and in those years I fulfilled my reason why I enter the seminary but how come I still continue and persevere my vocation if that is my only purpose? Now I realized that God is calling me. Maybe to become priest someday. If you would ask me what makes me happy staying the seminary, my answer is that; I am very happy to stay in the seminary not just because of my eagerness to play piano but simply because I know now my deeper reason why I am here in the seminary; to discern God’s will for me, to be formed as a good Christian, and to become light for others.

I know we have different or maybe the same reason why we enter here but that’s not matter most. It’s a matter of how we respond to that simple yet special way of God’s calling and live out faithfully in His call. Let us not forget to look on the things we do in our life that makes us happy whether it is small things or big things because I’m sure that God is there and because God is always move in His mysterious ways.

Once again, thank you very much for your presence to make this day memorable for me.

God Bless us all…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

love_and_time

mother knows BEST...